An entrepreneur loan is a personal loan to an entrepreneur and it can be used to finance investments in the share capital of a limited company and/or in the fund of invested unrestricted shareholder’s equity. An Entrepreneur Loan can also be used to finance purchases of shares of an existing limited company.
The target enterprise may operate in any sector except farming, forestry or building developer’s business. The enterprise must meet the criteria set by the EU for SMEs and it must have the prerequisites for a profitable business.
An entrepreneur loan can be granted to a shareholder of a limited company whose holding of the share capital and votes will be at least 20 percent after completion of the investment or the transaction financed by means of the loan.
The loan can also be granted to several founders or shareholders in the same enterprise. The maximum loan per borrower is 100,000 euros. The borrower must personally put up a self-financing portion of at least 20 per cent.
A borrower for an entrepreneur loan must be:
- Shareholder in a limited company who holds at least 20% of share capital and related votes after completion of the investment or the transaction financed by means of the loan;
- Work in the company or another company belonging to the same group, in accordance with the Limited Liability Companies Act The borrower’s personal finances must also be in good order.
We can provide financing for enteriprise activities in almost every sector; only farming, forestry, and building developer’s business remain outside our range of financing.
- Are you thinking of setting up a new business?
- Or buying a share in a business?
- Do you need finance for a change of generation?
- Or strengthening of the company’s equity?
- Are you planning to take out a loan to finance a holding?
An application for financing is processed more quickly if you have a business plan.
Help for drawing up a business plan is available at regional enterprise services.